The International Northern Yacht Festival 2018
Dear NRCC members, please find below an invitation to the International Northern Yacht Festival BIA International Forum which held in July-August 2018, timed to coincide with the 25th anniversary of cooperation in the Barents/EuroArctic region and the 325th anniversary of the beginning of regular state shipbuilding in Russia.
The Festival route will go along the sea routes of Norway and Russia, entering the following ports and cities: Tromsø – Vardø – Kirkenes – Murmansk – Arkhangelsk and back.
The festival is a non-profit project, the main objectives of which are the following:
1. promotion of the Barents region as a center of international sailing tourism and sports, development of joint international and cross-border yacht routes;
2. standardization of infrastructure for Arctic sailing tourism aimed at establishment of a network of modern yacht sites and basic marinas, creation of new jobs;
3. implementation of investment proposals for the development of cruise and yacht tourism, including construction, reconstruction and modernization of coastal infrastructure, real estate assets, purchase and construction of small boats;
4. improvement of legal regulation, harmonization of customs and border clearance procedures for vessels of small size and sailing fleet;
5. promotion of yachting as a healthy lifestyle, development of public relations, sailing culture and maritime communication between coastal cities of the Barents and the White seas.
The Festival project has been supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, the Russian Geographic Society, the Committee on Physical Culture, Sports, Tourism and Youth Affairs of the State Duma of the Russian Federation.
Please see the article for more information.