Russian Economic Developments - №7 - 2016
Experts of Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy present a survey "Russian Economic Developments" №7, 2016.
Core themes of the issue:
- Macroeconomic forecast for 2016–2018: the economy is passing through the lowest point of the current crisis;
- Monetary policy of the Russian Central Bank: risks and limitations;
- There are no preconditions for the investment growth in Russia;
- Fixed capital investment in Q1 2016;
- The Russian economy in expectation of growth;
- Oil sector: potential for tax incentives;
- Russian exports to the EU: a general decline with mixed trends;
- “Anti-turkish embargo”: who lost the most?;
- Trade restrictions hamper world trade growth;
- Population’s social sentiment, Q2 2016;
- Brexit results: macroeconomic risks;
- Brexit and trade and economic relations between Russia and the UK;
- Post-brexit Britain: its relations with the EU and its future in the framework of multilateral institutions.