NRCC Partner Member
Statoil is an international energy company with operations in 35 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, Statoil is committed to accommodating the world's energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. The company is headquartered in Stavanger, Norway with approx. 23,000 employees worldwide, and is listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges. Net operating income of the company is 206,6 billion NOK, and proven reserves are more than 5 billion barrels of oil equivalent. The company today is:
- One of the world’s largest net sellers of crude oil
- Second largest supplier of natural gas to Europe
- The world’s largest offshore operator
- World leader in carbon capture and storage
- World leader in carbon efficiency in oil and gas production.